WKYC Channel 3 Road to a Better Community commercial
WOIO Channel 19 News – Saturday, February 2, 2020, Believe in Dreams Gala & Auction
iHeart Media – Cleveland Cares (WTAM, WGAR, The Lake, WMMS, Majic 105, Kiss FM, Alt 99.1, and Real 106.1
WTAM 1100AM Cleveland’s News Radio 1.8.19
WMJI 105.7FM Morning Show with Nolan, Malone, Kullik & Tracey 12.28.18
Silver Lining Moments Podcast: A SLM Conversation with Eddie Cheyfitz & Katie Eichenauer of Believe in Dreams 12.1.18
WKYC Channel 3 We The People Show 12.29.17
WKYC Channel 3 Live on Lakeside 3.8.16
Effects of Poverty and Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACE’s)
How childhood trauma affects health across a lifetime | Dr. Nadine Burke Harris | Video: https://youtu.be/95ovIJ3dsNk
CDC Kaiser-ACE’s study: https://www.cdc.gov/violenceprevention/acestudy/about.html
- ACE’s resource sites: https://centerforyouthwellness.org/ https://acestoohigh.com/about/
- National Child Traumatic Stress Network: https://www.nctsn.org/what-is-child-trauma/trauma-types
Resilience & Protective Factors
- Essentials for Childhood Framework,CDC:https://www.cdc.gov/violenceprevention/childmaltreatment/essentials.html
- Risk & Protective Factors, CDC: https://www.cdc.gov/violenceprevention/childabuseandneglect/riskprotectivefactors.html
- What is Resilience? APA: http://www.apa.org/helpcenter/road-resilience.aspx
Local Community Resource Links
- Coming Soon!
March 2020 Newsletter
Believe in Our Community
Lend a Helping Hand Without Leaving the House
Our dreamers need hope now more than ever. They need to know their community values them. If you are asking yourself how you can make an impact for the greater good, please visit the attached Amazon links. There you can purchase requested basic need items to be sent directly to our dreamer families who requested them. Names and addresses are kept private. Thank you for making a difference and supporting this community!
Believe in Dreams will continue to check in with our dreamer families during this time and as needs arise we will be posting their wish lists on our Facebook page (keeping names and addresses of the families private). If you haven’t already, please click here to like/follow our Facebook page so you can receive notifications: https://www.facebook.com/believeindreamsorg/
Community Partner Dreams- COVID-19 Support for Families
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Cleveland – Food deliveries to families with no tranpsotation
- Cleveland Metropolitan School District (CMSD) / Project ACT Homeless Youth Program – 60 / $25 gift cards for groceries to homeless families provided at CMSD lunch sites
- Fairhill Partners Kinship Caregiver Program- grocery store gift cards for grandparents raising grandkids
- Ohio Guidestone – food, formula and household necessities for families in need
- Berkshire School District through Claridon Community Helps – food & supplies for students and families in need
- Wickliffe City School District Family Resource Center – food & household necessities for families in need.
- Children’s Advantage – food & hygiene bags for clients in need
- Crestwood Local Schools – food and basic needs for families in need
If you would like to donate directly to to these efforts or to our community partner dreams, please click on the following link and type “community” in the comments section of your donation:
Hope During Uncertain Times
4 year old Kevin has been through a lot for such a young boy. He witnessed his father abusing his mother and his father ended up going to prison. His mother has done everything she can to keep him safe from her family, who struggles with drug addiction, and give him a better life. Kevin loves to swim and all he dreamed of was to go down a water slide. For his 5th birthday, Believe in Dreams sent Kevin and his family on an overnight getaway to Great Wolf Lodge where he got to go down the waterslide as many times as he wanted. Packaged with this dream was a new swimsuit, towels, goggles, flip flops, food, lodging, a birthday party, and swimming lessons for 6 weeks.
Platinum Seal of Transparency
Are you familiar with Guidestar? Guidestar is the world’s largest source of information on Nonprofit organizations. We all want to help in uncertain times and it’s difficult to know where to donate our hard earned $. Each Seal, from Bronze to Platinum, is a way for organizations to share key information, all in one place, so funders can make educated decisions about where they want to help. (continue reading) The amount of information provided by a nonprofit determines which of the four seals is earned. Wherever you see this seal, you can click on it to take you directly to that nonprofit’s Guidestar profile, where you will learn more about their operations. Believe in Dreams is proud to have earned the highest level, Platinum seal and we encourage you to check out ours and other nonprofit profiles that you donate to.